Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Oh, What a Night

It has been a couple of weeks since I have blogged. Things have been busy. Inspired Creativity Studio is going up in Bay City on the Docklands sim. My exhibit proposal for SL11B was accepted and I have begun work on that. So it has been a busy time for me in Second Life.

And then there was last night, when things expected and unexpected kept me busy in Bay City...

A June Night at The Pen

Last night was the June edition of Espresso Yourself at The Pen in Bay City. As I mentioned in May, I was hoping to get there on time and having something prepared to share. I did make it on time, barely. I did have something to share. It was a way of introducing myself to the residents of Bay City. It is titled "Why Am I Here?" and it focused no my relationship with Elizabeth Weinberg and it affected my Second Life. I will post a transcript of it later today.

Overall it was a fun night again, many different stories, thoughts, and readings including "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" by Maya Angelou, who recently passed away. The night went well and it lasted longer than the one in May. It is definitely an event that I will have marked on my calendar for months to come. I have already begun work on my story for July's Espresso Yourself.

An Unexpected Return

After Espresso Yourself was over, I wandered around Bay City for awhile, looking at new buildings that were going up around the city. While I was heading back to the studio. I saw a name pop up on my screen that I had not seen in 6 months. Elizabeth Weinberg, yes the same one that I had just mentioned at Espresso Yourself had returned. I quickly made it back to the studio and invited her over. We talked for a short while before she had to log off, but she said that she would be back.

To say that I was overjoyed to see her again would be an understatement. I was riding an emotional high and then it happened....

Attack of the GoonSquad

As I stood there outside the studio after Elizabeth left, lost in thought and hopeful about what her return might mean, I started getting inventory offers, and pop up messages. I turned and tere across the street from the studio stood a column of boxes over a 100 meters high and bearing the logo of the GoonSquad. The Docklands were under attack by a griefer.

I quickly sounded the alarm and ran inside to change my land settings to prevent it from reaching the studio. This was not the first griefer attack that I had witnessed in Bay City. There was one over Memorial Day weekend. At that time, I had noticed that the land across the street from the studio was vulnerable and had set up a plan of action when it was struck. I just did not expect it to be struck so soon.

After all the excitement had died down, I found myself totally drained. So much had gone on in one night. I called it a night and went to bed. I just hope that I do not have another night like that soon. I have an exhibit to build, but more about in a blog post on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. How serendipitous, running into Elizabeth last night.
    Your story was lovely Linsey, thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete