Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Hitting the Reset Button

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

This is probably my favorite quote from any movie. I find it so very true, especially in a place like Second Life. People and places come and go, flashing in and out of existence. In the everyday world, changes can take months or years to take place. In Second Life, an entire sim can be changed, literally, overnight. Now, that I have come back into Second Life, I find myself taking time to stop and look around. Some places are gone. Some places have changed. Then there are the ones that appear exactly as I remember them, seemingly immune to the fast pace of change going on around them.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my studio and gallery are gone. It is time to rethink the design of my studio and what I want it to represent. It is, also, time to rethink this blog and the purpose for it. In short, now is the time to hit the reset button on my creative endeavors.

I have the basic design of a new studio and gallery space in my mind. it is very different from most spaces and, hopefully, will tell a story in its own right about creation, inspiration, and the dependence of one on the other.

I have a few projects that I am starting. There will be the exhibit for SL11B, if my proposal is accepted. There is also a big project that i am dusting off and getting excited about again. It is a porject that I may even discuss at SL11B, but that depends on how much progress I can make in the next week. More on that project in a later post.

Finally, there is this blog. What to do with it? Well, for one, It is time that I made something of it. While the recent posts have been about me, that will soon change. I want this blog to be more than that. i want it to be a celebration of the creative spirit that fills Second Life. This will not be a fashion blog, destination blog, or, even, an art blog. It will be a blog about all of those things and more. I hope to not only show those things that are created in Second Life, but, also, give a glimpse of the people who create them. I did that during SL10B last year and will do more of that in the coming weeks and months.

Even with all these plans and projects, I will still take time to "stop and look around". There is a lot of things going on in Second Life, and I don't want to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment